While individuals are incorporating a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise, their desire to keep their skin looking youthful is also important to them. Many are beginning to realize that incorporating a great skin care routine compliments those health and wellness efforts.
As one ages, skin changes naturally occur such as the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots
- Lack of skin hydration
- Loss of volume
- Loss of elasticity
While the aging process impacts the above facial characteristics, it is also important to point out how the environment takes a toll on one’s skin. For example, free radicals, pollution, and unprotected sun exposure can also accelerate premature skin aging.
Despite these daily challenges, one should not curtail their skin care energies but instead implement a regular regime for both morning and night.
Partner with a skin care professional
With a mountain of skin care products to choose from, the task of choosing the right skin care routine can be downright daunting. Teaming up with a skin care professional, particularly an aesthetic nurse specialist, is an exceptional choice.
A person of this magnitude and skill can perform a skin care evaluation and help map out the right morning and evening routines. They can also afford patients medical grade skin care products which truly offer users driven results.
Skin care plans are tailored specifically for one’s skin type and examples may include the following:
- Cleanse – To prepare skin for topical treatments
- Treat – To target specific challenges such as fine lines and wrinkles or hydration
- Repair – To reverse skin damage such as the use of a retinol product
- Moisturize – To add hydration to the facial canvas including the eye area
- Protect – To implement a solar defense to help ward off future skin damage
Skin care treatments to reverse skin damage
The advantage of partnering with an aesthetic nurse also means that they are adept in particular skin care treatments that can help diminish the signs of aging. Even in cases where one has undergone surgical facial rejuvenation, such as a lower limited facelift, skin care texture still needs to be addressed.
Most skin care treatments can be performed on a monthly basis, but again, it’s all patient dependent. And some treatments can be done with less frequency. These procedures require minimal to no downtime and produce radiant results:
- Dermaplaning: To remove the top layer of dead skin cells and vellus hair (peach fuzz)
- Chemical Peels: To help rejuvenate the skin by diminishing the signs of fine lines, even out skin tone, and lessen the appearance of age spots
- Micro-Needling: To help stimulate collagen and to deliver medical grade products into the skin for more luminosity.
In addition to these treatments, patients may also decide that they want to pursue cosmetic injections which may consist of Botox, Kybella, Juvederm, or Voluma to maintain their youthful skin care goals.
Solar protection bears repeating
While one is implementing a healthy lifestyle and skin care routine, a SPF sunscreen defense is of the utmost importance. When an individual turns a broad spectrum sunscreen application into a daily habit, they will invariably reap the rewards because of it.